Akshar Arambha Nepal believes that the whole education experience should be inclusive of disabled learners, both inside and outside of schools classroom. Disabled and non-disabled learners learning together create opportunities for the building of relationships and the creation of an inclusive society that welcomes everyone.
All learners have different learning styles and achievements. Thatneeds to equally valued, respected and celebrated by society; Akshar Arambha Nepal believes that an inclusive education is a human rights issue. We believe that inclusive education benefits disabled and non-disabled students. To assist Akshar Arambha Nepal in its work, it has developed 6 set of Principles for an Inclusive Education Goals:
- All learners are different learning styles and achievements are equally valued, respected and celebrated by society;
- All learners to be empowered to fulfill their potential by taking into account individual requirements and needs;
- Support to be guaranteed and fully resourced across the whole learning experience;
- All learners need friendship and support from people of their own age.
- All children and young people to be educated together as equals in their local communities
- Inclusive Education is incompatible with segregated provision both within and outside mainstream education.
- Action on Inclusion
- Implementing inclusive education
- For quality education: child friendly school
- Individual with disability education act-IDEA
- School sector development plan Ministry of edu.-department of education 2073
- Best practices in inclusive education for children with disabilities-USAID