Welcome to AAN
Akshar Arambha Nepal-AAN is legally registered (registration no. 165224/073/074) nongovernmental organization (NGO) under the institution enrollment act of Nepal. It is a national organization to promote inclusive education for children with disabilities through campaign, advocacy, lobby and networking with the common interest groups in Nepal. We also provide vocational education for those who are out of school or never got the opportunity of school or college education.
As the nongovernmental and non-profitable organization AAN has been proactively working in education rights of persons with disabilities in Nepal since 2016 through its working strategies-advocacy, awareness raising campaign, networking with interest groups and collaboration.
To see all children with disabilities going to school hand-in-hand with non-disabled children and singing a song of education for all.
We help to create open access mainstream schools and society as well. We motivate disabled children to go to school and encourage their parents, society’s people, local stakeholders to policy maker to ensure disabled children’s education right for literate society and civilized nation.
1) Institutional sustainability of AAN
2) Adequate legal provisions, policies, laws to address inclusive education for persons with disabilities
3) Availability and mobilization of adequate resource (human, technology, knowledge, skills, finance and information) for the effective implementation of inclusive and disability related provisions, laws and policies.
4) Meaningful participation of persons with disabilities in teaching learning process of academic and extracurricular activities of the whole school environment.
5) Sensitive and responsible mainstream school and relevant stakeholders towards the education rights, issues and needs of persons with disabilities.
6) Institutionalize of the Rights based Approach of Disability in community level.